Delhi blast: Police demand details of foreign-educated doctors employed in private hospitals

Hospitals have been directed to submit detailed records of doctors who obtained MBBS degrees from Pakistan, Bangladesh, the UAE, and China.

2 Min Read

Delhi Police has issued notices to private hospitals across the national capital, directing them to submit information about doctors who received their medical education abroad, officials said on Saturday.

Hospitals have been specifically asked to provide detailed records of doctors holding MBBS degrees from Pakistan, Bangladesh, the UAE, and China.

- Advertisement -

Officials said hospital administrations have been specifically asked to share the names and credentials of doctors educated in these countries who are currently working in private medical facilities in Delhi.

The move comes as part of an intensified crackdown on a suspected terror module linked to the deadly car blast near Delhi’s Red Fort.

On November 10, a car explosion near the Red Fort killed 13 people and injured dozens, prompting a high-level investigation that uncovered a sophisticated “white-collar” terror network with ties to Jaish-e-Mohammed.

Even before the blast, several arrests had been made across multiple states as investigators pieced together evidence of an interstate terror module. Following the explosion, the National Investigation Agency (NIA) confirmed that the incident was connected to earlier arrests, leading to a series of new revelations as the probe deepened.

The NIA has so far arrested seven individuals in connection with the blast involving a Hyundai i20 driven by Dr. Umar Muhammad, which exploded near the Lal Qila Metro station.

Those arrested include Dr. Muzammil Shakeel from Pulwama, Jammu and Kashmir; Dr. Adeel Ahmed Rather from Anantnag, Jammu and Kashmir; Dr. Shaheen Saeed from Lucknow, Uttar Pradesh; and Mufti Irfan Ahmad Wagay from Shopian, Jammu and Kashmir. Investigators said these individuals played significant roles in orchestrating the attack that claimed multiple lives and left several others injured.

Earlier arrests included Amir Rashid Ali, the registered owner of the car used in the blast; Jasir Bilal Wani, who provided technical assistance to the terrorist; and Soyab, who allegedly sheltered Umar and offered logistical support shortly before the explosion. (Agencies)

Share This Article
Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Exit mobile version