Srinagar, Jul 03 : Jammu and Kashmir Traffic police on Sunday issued advisory for the movement of yatris, tourists and trucks along Srinagar-Jammu National Highway and Mughal Road.
According to the advisory, a copy of which lies with the news agency—Kashmir News Observer (KNO), tourists, yatris and general public have been asked to follow travel timings and travel restrictions along NH-44 and Mughal Road
As per the advisory movement via Mughal Road will be as follow:
- Empty Tankers/Trucks upto 10 tyres (Chakka) shall ply via Mughal Road
- Loaded Trucks upto 10 tyres (Chakka) including those loaded with fresh
perishable items shal preferentially use Mughal Road towards Jammu.
- The timings of Mughal Road have also been increased from 0700 to 1600 hrs, for the present, subject to the daily assessment by traffic authorities.
While as movement via NH-44 will be as per the following traffic plan:
- Trucks with more than 10 tyres (Chakka) shall ply via National Highway-44.
- Trucks with more than 10 tyres (Chakka) loaded with fresh perishable items
should reach Jakheni Naka/Quazigund Naka before 1400 hrs.
The advisory reads that these trucks shall be parked separately and shall be given preference when traffic is released.
“Movement of Yatris /Tourists in Kashmir Valley other than via Yatra Convoys. Yatris/Tourists are advised to travel in the Kashmir Valley only between 0700 hrs. to 1800 hrs. and must plan their travel so as to reach their destination within this time period,” it added.
It further reads that in case the Yatris/Tourists fail to the reach their destination within the stipulated time, i.e. by 1800 hrs, security forces shall make such Yatris/Tourists halt for the night at the nearest lodgment Centre.
Leave a Reply