Rajpal Yadav Expresses Gratitude to Nation, Bollywood After Release from Tihar Jail in ₹9 Crore Debt Case

Delhi High Court Grants Interim Bail Till March 18; Actor Says He Is Ready to Answer All Allegations and Thanks Fans for Their Support

4 Min Read

Actor Rajpal Yadav has released his first statement after being granted relief and released from Tihar Jail till March 18 in the ₹9 crore cheque bounce case. The relief was granted by the Delhi High Court on Monday, a few days after the actor surrendered before authorities over the unpaid dues.

Speaking to reporters outside the jail, Rajpal thanked his fans across the country and members of the film fraternity for standing by him during the difficult period.

- Advertisement -

What Rajpal Said

In a video shared by news agency ANI on X, Rajpal addressed the controversy and expressed gratitude for the support he received. Surrounded by his legal team, he said he remains thankful to everyone who stood with him.

“I will complete 30 years in Bollywood in Mumbai in 2027. People from across the country—children, elders, everyone—are with me. The way the entire nation and the world, my Bollywood, has showered love on me, if there are any allegations, I am ready to answer them. Thank you, High Court,” he said.

On Monday, the Delhi High Court suspended his sentence in the cheque bounce case until March 18 and allowed his release. Reports suggest that Rajpal may soon hold a press conference to respond to questions regarding the case and related matters.

Justice Swarana Kanta Sharma granted him interim bail on the condition that he deposit a ₹1 lakh bail bond and furnish one surety. Earlier during the hearing, the court had directed him to deposit ₹1.5 crore by 3 PM as part of the interim relief. After counsel for the complainant, M/S Murli Projects, confirmed that the amount had been deposited in the company’s bank account against the bounced cheques, the bail was approved.

Rajpal will remain out of jail until the next hearing on March 18, by which time he is expected to clear the remaining dues to avoid serving his sentence.

About the Case

The case dates back to 2010 when Rajpal allegedly took a loan of ₹5 crore from Murli Projects Pvt Ltd to finance his directorial debut, Ata Pata Laapata (2012). After the film failed at the box office, repayment issues arose, leading to legal proceedings.

In April 2018, a Magisterial Court convicted Rajpal and his wife Radha under Section 138 of the Negotiable Instruments Act after seven cheques issued to the complainant bounced. He was sentenced to six months of simple imprisonment, and the conviction was later upheld by a Sessions Court in early 2019.

By October 2025, although Rajpal had deposited ₹75 lakh through two demand drafts, the court observed that a substantial portion of the liability remained unpaid.

Earlier this month, Justice Swarana Kanta Sharma directed the actor to surrender, stating that leniency cannot be extended indefinitely, regardless of celebrity status. On February 4, 2026, the court dismissed his plea seeking a one-week extension to arrange funds, noting that he had failed to honour nearly 20 previous undertakings. (Agency)

Share This Article
Leave a Comment

Leave a Reply

Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *

Exit mobile version