Srinagar, July 24 : More than three weeks after Lieutenant Governor Manoj Sinha assured to look into demand of aspirants to increase the upper age limit to 37-years for open merit candidates for Combined Competitive Examination (CCE)-2022, no headway has been made in this regard so far.
In fact, the Jammu and Kashmir Public Service Commission has already announced the examination for the preliminary examination on July 31.
“After assurance by Lieutenant Governor we were hopeful that we would be given a chance but we were kept waiting and waiting,” a number of aspirants told GNS. “Hopefully assurance was not a joke with us,” they said, adding, “We were seeking relaxation in light of disruptions due to covid-19 etc and meeting our demand falls well within the rules.”
On July 3, a delegation of around 50 aspirants called on the Lieutenant Governor at Raj Bhawan. The Lt Governor specifically assured to look into their demand of raising the upper age limit to “37 years” for OM candidates and accordingly for reserved category candidates.
According to an official statement issued then, the Lt Governor told them that the government had approved relaxation in the upper-age limit for the candidates earlier in 2021 and recently the upper-age limit for the candidates was relaxed to 35-years to enable them to appear in Combined Competitive Examination (CCE)-2022.
The Lt Governor had assured the members of the delegation that their demand will be looked into. He had further announced that a committee under supervision of the Chief Secretary will take up the issue for consideration and redressal.
Leave a Reply